The town of Ségur is divided into three separate geographical zones, which used to belong to three different parishes. Each had its own parish chapel.
The part that is now the centre of the town, is the castle district, at the foot of the spur, and the Aumonière district, along the southern hillside, belonged to the Beyssenac town parish, located in the south.
The Farges district, where hôtel Saint Laurent is located, downstream on the right riverbank of the Auvézère, was part of the Saint Eloy les Tuileries town parish, located to the north-west.
As for the upstream Basse-Marche and Baillargeau districts, they belonged to the Saint Julien le Vendômois town parish, located to the north-east. Baillargeau chapel, dedicated to Saint Léger, was transformed to become the parish church when Ségur obtained its own parish in 1749.
Ségur was divided into three different districts, which were part of three different parishes, before the 18th century. Each had its own chapel.
This video shows the architecture of Ségur’s houses, towers and mansions, decorated with Renaissance-style mouldings.