The former public baths of Aubusson are in an eclectic style, with a hint of Art Deco. Both parts of the building were built using cut stone, and are adorned with ceramic panels varnished with a white and green brace pattern.
As shown in an antique postcard, the structure originally contained a "Bains Douches" sign in polychrome earthenware mosaics, on a large rectangular pediment which is no longer there today.
The construction of the building dates back to 1913, when the Caisse d’Epargne decided Aubusson required public paths in order to improve hygiene for the poor and combat the spread of tuberculosis.
Public baths brought genuine social benefits to all the towns where they were built.
But the construction of the baths in Aubusson was hindered by the outbreak of the First World War. It wasn’t until 1925 that building recommenced and was finally completed in 1926. The baths were in operation until 1965. Its 16 shower cabins (8 for men, 8 for women) benefited from all modern conviniences.
The building reopened as an architect’s office in 2005.